A successful dropshipping online store with Shopify is every drop shipper's dream. And the opportunity is interesting but also involves risk-taking. In recent years, e-commerce with dropshipping has developed so much that CMS like Shopify now has countless tools to optimize and simplify the process for selling on the internet, which allows them to remain competitive in the face of a growing industry. Full growth. Shopify is the most popular service for websites or stores on the internet.
There are tons of resources and tips to help you get the most out of one of the most popular eCommerce platforms out there in Shopify. This blog has already covered tips and resources for users of this website builder.
Since its founding in 2004, the company has created increasingly sophisticated features designed specifically for great newbies who won't need to code an entire site. But even armed with the best tools, you also need the right method, best practices, and tips for a successful Shopify store. When it comes to being successful, it's not necessarily about making big sales but about being profitable and achieving your goals. Here are all of our tips and advice for a successful Shopify store.
PREPARE WELL BEFORE STARTING
Success also depends on your preparation. If you want to run 40km, you will have to prepare yourself beforehand, train. Thus, preparation is essential to be successful as an e-merchant. Good market research, a good product, and getting started at the right time are essential before building a real machine to sell.
Before you launch your eCommerce site or take the next step, you might want to take some steps to prepare yourself for maximum impact.
· Prepare your audience: Don't assume that your target audience is just as impatient to launch your site as you are. There's a good chance that - without the proper precautions - they won't know about it at all. Make sure you know where to find them and how to get them talked about your business, and why not schedule an orchestrated launch.
· Start your outreach: Long before your site launch is imminent, start collecting email addresses and building your media list. Marketing is the key to any site's long-term success, and it's never too early to start laying the groundwork. You can consider a referral marketing program to create a buzz or more traditional forms of advertising. You can therefore prepare an affiliate campaign or, of course, create a lead magnet to capture emails.
· Do tons of research to analyze the market and the competition: Rather than rushing into launching a site, take the time to gather preliminary information that will help you in the long run. For example, separate testing with various ads and site designs can help you refine your approach. Also, don't forget the value of in-depth discussions with your friends and associates about your business, as this will allow you to start the conversation on your site quickly.
HAVE AN EXCELLENT USER EXPERIENCE
Everyone creates a site that appeals to them, but the site must, above all, appeal to your future customers. User experience is essential. In some areas, it will take incredible amounts of information to reassure the customer before selling; in others, it will only take a few minutes. Your whole site must be designed with the right vocabulary and according to their behavior.
· An ultra-efficient site but not necessarily totally perfect. Once the optimization is in place, your site visitors will have a better understanding of the nature of your business and why they should buy from you. Optimize each page so that everything loads fast, there is no doubt or uncertainty, and they get all their questions answered.
· Promote Cross-Platform Compatibility and Test Different Browsers: Since many consumers turn to mobile devices for their internet usage, your e-commerce site must be optimized for multiple mobile platforms. Smartphones and tablets are the way of the future, and your site should feature a streamlined layout to suit each of these formats.
· Provide effective security: If consumers can't be sure their payment information is safe on your site, you can bet they'll move on to one of your competitors. Display your site's SSL certificate as well as the logo of any third-party security company you work with to keep your customers safe.
· Create Thoughtful Navigation: Safety and performance are essential parts of optimizing your site, but users should also be able to navigate your inventory easily. A clear menu system is essential, as is a search box. However, don't overlook every product you offer. Include detailed product descriptions and original photos to help users better understand what you have to offer.
· Respond to your future customers: No matter how good your site is, customer service issues are sure to crop up. Make sure you have scalable processes - and enough team members - to deal with any issues that may arise. In addition, allow your customers to be heard by allowing them to write reviews and testimonials on your site. This will only be beneficial.
The site doesn't have to be perfect to have the best logo in the world. It must be thought out and optimized to be successful on Shopify and therefore appeal to future visitors.
TIPS AND ADVICE FOR SUCCESS ON SHOPIFY
I leave you below tips for success on Shopify that will certainly allow you to inspire you or give you ideas! Often, success hangs by a thread. Take care to read them and put them into practice when promoting your Shopify store
Extensive Payment Options a payment gateway is the most important thing to consider with a Shopify store because you want to get paid, right? There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. You want to offer enough payment options that you don't scare away customers, but you also want to keep things simple and streamlined. A good idea is to allow sellers to save their payment information by creating an account. This will make them feel like it's worth coming back. You also want to offer them options like Paypal, Debit / Credit, Cryptocurrency, and Wire Transfer.
2. Maximize Your Content and Ads Shares
Since you're not about to get traffic like Amazon or eBay, you need to create traffic for your own store yourself. It's hard to do, especially at the beginning, without paying. Advertising on social media is the easiest and most direct way to create a target market when you are just starting out. There are many ways to advertise, so don't be afraid to get creative. Some of the best Shopify stores started off with great viral advertising on Facebook. Make sure you use all of the analytics tools available to track the success of your ads.
3. Have an SEO Blog
If you are not too interested in the paid advertising route, you can always go for the "slow and infrequent" method of ranking relevant content through SEO. Useful articles, carefully packaged with SEO keywords, keep you entertained, enlightened, and filling your portfolio with every article you create. A blog is a great way for you to connect with your customers and show them that there is a real person behind that store. People buy from people, not things. Use SEO tools like Google Keyword Planner to choose keywords and gauge competitiveness.
4. Optimize the store to make it easier to reference
Since we are talking about SEO, we have to talk about the store and the website itself. The most crucial factor in driving traffic to a Shopify store is the quality of the website rankings and performance. To rank well in search engines, you need to include lots of keywords relevant to your website in a way that makes sense. If you sell wetsuits and get into a rant about lawn mowers on your website's main page, that obviously won't help you position yourself for people looking for wetsuits. You want the content on your website to match what you are selling. Use Google Keyword Planner and Long Tail Pro for keyword research. If you are planning to open a new store under a new domain name, I recommend that you do this research first to choose your niche before you create the store.
5. Optimize for mobile
According to Business Insider, 45% of all online purchases will be made by mobile phone in 2020. This is no surprise to anyone, as more and more people are moving away from the computer and doing everything on applications compatible with mobile phones. If your Shopify dropshipping store isn't built for the mobile experience, I can almost guarantee you'll lose sales. First, you need to optimize for mobile and make sure your site looks and performs amazingly on all devices. Avoid long blocks of text, and make sure you get to the point quickly when someone lands on a product page.
6. Consider Free Shipping
Everywhere you look, someone is offering you free shipping, and so must you. Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Target, Lowes, everyone offers free shipping with few restrictions. If someone finds something in your store that they like, they may be put off by the fact that they have to pay $ 6 for delivery, even if you price your products accordingly.
7. High-Quality Photos
It's all about looks and images, and that goes for your online store, too - you need to provide a ton of amazing images on your store to make a good impression. When we cannot step foot in your store and touch the product with our hands, we must fully enjoy the experience by watching it online; the only way to achieve this is to provide clear, high-resolution images.
8. Fight for Reviews
If you're looking for an incredibly fast way to skyrocket your success, do many words of mouth marketing for your store. Social proof is key, and when you're an unfamiliar Shopify store that doesn't have many followers, people need to realize that you are reputable and legitimate.
9. Use Email Marketing Or Mailing
Having an email marketing list is one of the most powerful tools in eCommerce. With a list, you can send targeted messages to specific groups of buyers that meet their needs and wants. By appealing to their particular interests, you speak their language directly. To do this, you first need to start collecting information about people, and most stores do this through a pop-up window or by offering an incentive in exchange for their email. You could offer a 10% discount in your store if they subscribe to your newsletter - something like that.
10. Don't forget to talk about refunds
Everyone is always trying to find out about your refund and return policy. Be sure to offer a generous one, and it is clearly stated in the description of each product.
11. Don't Skimp on Website Design
Expectations are high these days, and people judge a person's reputation by how their website looks. Visual presentation is essential, so make sure you don't skimp when designing your website.
12. Get a Complete Presentation of Your Business
Customers like to know there is someone behind the mask. It's easy to build a website and start selling stuff, but it's harder for a trader to connect with people. Make sure your "about us" page gives customers an overview of who you are and what you stand for. This is especially important if you are using a dropshipping business model.
13. Submit products for testing and unboxing
Another form of social proof is a product review. People are more inclined to buy something if they see that someone else has bought it and had a good experience. Encourage customers to give feedback after making a purchase. Make sure to sell follow-up emails and entice them by offering them a percentage off their next purchase if they leave a review.
14. Track Everything
The biggest advantage of online stores over traditional stores is tracking everything that happens on the internet and tracking and recovering data. Use the great tools you have. Ensure the FB pixel is configured correctly if you are using paid ads and use Google Analytics to track all your traffic.
15. Inform the general public
You want to network with the right people in your industry. Do whatever you can to give your Shopify business more exposure. You could reach out to journalists, industry bloggers, social media influencers, and even other stores. Also, consider the option of blogging guests. See if they would be willing to comment or spread the word about your store.
We hope you found this list useful and that you can use some of these tips to start your race for success or increase your growth!
With Shopify at your disposal, your site will run with one of the most respected and extensive resources out there. From personalization to easy management of your products, Shopify is one of the best ways to build and succeed your online shopping site, expand your reach, and increase your potential profits.